200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Goa
Yoga Nisarga invites you to participate in its 200-hour yoga teacher training course in Goa. We welcome you to undergo a transformational journey of self-discovery, to explore the true essence of yoga and blossom into a competent yoga teacher. Our internationally acclaimed yoga center teaches the complete essentials of the Ashtanga Vinyasa flow in a spiritually nourishing environment.
If you aspire to be a true yoga teacher, this yoga alliance certified course is tailor-made for you. It will unlock your consciousness and develop you spiritually and physically. You will receive in-depth training and learn the fundamental principles of yoga including theory, practice, philosophy, and history. Our international yoga programs are designed to bring about a spiritual awakening of your soul. It helps you unlock the hidden energy or chi lying dormant in your body.
To become a prominent yoga teacher, you need to master the techniques and postures of yoga perfectly. A 200-hour yoga teacher training program is the first step on your voyage into the ancient traditions of yoga. You will learn to achieve a harmonious mental balance and acquire a taste for self-discipline. Our combined practice and theory sessions will mold you into a yoga master strengthened by meditation, compassion, and observation.
Yoga Nisarga Goa welcomes its doors to students from all nations. Our yoga teacher’s program is conducted by Indian yoga gurus who will nurture you to initiate your own enlightenment. During our 200-hour yoga teacher training program, you will gain hidden insights into yoga and its profound meaning. You will be mentally empowered with the knowledge and confidence to become that true yoga professional you have always wanted to be.
Yoga Alliance Certified Course
Our top-rated yoga alliance yoga teacher training courses are designed to direct you to become a perfect yoga instructor who becomes able to guide others to grow and learn all the aspects of the yoga lifestyle. After this course, you will be able to attain a perfect balance in your life. The training program is meant to deliver you a combo of learning cum excursions. At our Goa center, you are free to explore the surrounding area.
Yoga Course Syllabus
We follow a continued learning schedule which is followed by a well-defined syllabus that covers both ancient yoga traditions and modern-day yoga practices. The learning program covers the yoga practice requirements along with safety precautions that will make nurture you as a professional.
Guiding Principles for Yogic Practice – At Yoga Nisarga
- Yoga Nisarga's yoga teacher training program is meticulously designed to satisfy the requirements of the Hatha Yoga and half primary series Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow.
Group Size: We book a maximum of 8-10 students for our Yoga teacher training so that we can give special attention to each and every student.
- During your yoga asana classes, you will learn how to correctly move through different postures, exercise the Prana (breath), Drishti (point of focus), and Bandhas.
- Learn the root definition for each pose while undergoing breath-based training.
- Pranayama- Introduction to breathing techniques and demonstrated an ability to practice Anulom Viloma, Bhastrika, Chandrabhedana, Suryabhedana, Ujjai, Bharamari, Sheetali, Sheetkari, and the knowledge of their benefits, limitations, and techniques.
- Shat Kriyas – Purpose and Utility this includes theory and practice of six purification techniques- Dhuti, Basti, Neti, Trataka, Nauli, and Kapalabhatti- Selection
- Mudra- Meaning and purpose of Practicing
- Bandhas: Introduction to Jalandhara bandha, Uddiyana bandha, Mula bandha, and Maha bandha
- Ayurvedic Approach to Yogic Diet and Significance of Sattvic Vegetarian Diet
- Concept of Triguna- According to Ayurveda (Vata, Pita, and Kapa)
- Theory and practical Techniques of Meditation, Introduction to Simple Meditation Techniques for day to day life -Mindfulness Meditations.
- Role of Yoga – Stress and Lifestyle Management
- Aim, Objectives, and Misconception about Yoga
- Yoga for Specific Groups: Introduction to basic prenatal yoga, yoga for kids, and yoga for the elderly.
Introduction to Yoga and Yogic Practice
In this yoga TTC course, we study the rich and ancient history of Yoga, as well as read, contemplate, and write about Yogic philosophy. We also consider how Yoga can be applied to our daily lifestyles. And it is incomplete without Yoga Philosophy. It is important to understand What is Yoga; it's origin and tradition.
- Introduction to Yogic History & Principles: History of yoga
- Introduction to four paths of yoga; Principles of yoga and yogic practice, (Raja Yoga, Gyan Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga)
- Introduction to Yogic Anatomy (Theory of Chakras, Pancha Kosha, three layers, and Energy channels).
- Introduction to Yoga Sutra of Patanjali (eight limbs of yoga)
- Introduction to Mudras, Bandhas & Kriyas: Theory and practice, benefits, and contraindications. Techniques and practical tips: Jala Neti, Kapalbhati, Vamana, Trataka by gazing at a candle flame, or a specific point of concentration
- Obstacles on the path of yoga mean to overcome obstacles
- Introduction to Ayurveda approach and Yogic diet a vegetarian, sattvic approach, and their applications in day to day life.
- Yogic lifestyle and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
Alignment and Adjustment and Teaching Practice
During the first two weeks of the yoga teacher training course in Goa, you will receive every day one and a half-hour alignment classes focusing on adjustment and alignment techniques for the main postures of the Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow and a few other more advanced poses. This class will also include modifications, advanced variations, use of props to adapt to everybody types/problems, and the form of each pose and how to teach it. (arm balances, backbends, inversions, among others), and regular hands-on adjustments practice.
- The ethical guidelines for the quality of a teacher and practitioner
- Positive & conscious communication Friendship and trust
- Principles of management to the verbal instructions, observation, teaching styles,
- Time management
- Art of Demonstrations, Use of voice in class, assisting and correcting, dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Art of Alignment, at all the possible levels
- Use of voice in class
- Mental & emotional preparation for teaching
- Class preparation
- Step by step class structure planning.
Human Anatomy and Physiology
Our course has a comprehensive Anatomy & Physiology section, which students find fun and engaging. It is easier to practice and teach Yoga Asanas when one understands the human musculoskeletal system. We teach applied anatomy so that you will understand how to use it wisely and systematically in your teaching.
- Yoga Anatomy & Application: introduction and terminology to Anatomy and different systems
- Introduction to Human Systems Yoga and Health
- The emphasis of Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, Nervous, Digestive Joints & Movement, Muscular System
- Functions of different systems of the human body
- Familiarity with the benefits of various asanas on different parts of the human body.
- Limitation and contraindication of specific Yoga practices
Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow Yoga Instructor Course 2022/23 - Dates and Fees
For Nationals (Indians)
09 Feb - 04 Mar 2022 (Goa)
06 Mar - 29 Mar 2022 (Goa)
27 Sep - 19 Oct 2022 (Goa)
24 Oct - 16 Nov 2022 (Goa)
21 Nov - 14 Dec 2022 (Goa)
15 Dec - 07 Jan 2023 (Goa)
09 Jan - 01 Feb 2023 (Goa)
06 Feb - 01 Mar 2023 (Goa)
06 Mar - 29 Mar 2023 (Goa)
Residential Plan (€1500): What's Included?
- Course Manual, Notebook, Pen Etc.
- One Uniform for a certificate
- Yoga Alliance USA Certificate
- Filtered Drinking Water
- Ayurveda consultation by Ayurveda doctor
- Towel, Hand wash
- 3 Vegetarian meals/day (Monday - Saturday), Sunday no meals.
- 22 Nights’ single accommodation/ with Attached Bathroom
- Airport pick-up
- Free Wi-fi
Non Residential Plan (€1050 for International and 56000 Indian students): What's Included?
- Course Manual, Notebook, Pen Etc.
- One Uniform for a certificate
- Yoga Alliance USA Certificate
Daily Simple Schedule (Subject will change every week)
|6:30 am to 8:30 am||Meditation, Pranayama, Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow / Hatha Yoga (Alternative days)|
|8:50 am to 10:00 am||Breakfast|
|10:00 am to 11:20 am||Yoga Philosophy/Ayurveda|
|11:40 am to 1:00 pm||Alignment and adjustment|
|01:00 pm to 2:30 pm||Lunch|
|2:30 pm to 3:50 pm||Anatomy / Physiology|
|4:00 pm to 4:15 pm||Tea Time|
|4:20 pm to 05:50 pm||The art of teaching / Hip Opening /Jump Back / Back bending|
|6:30 pm to 07:30 pm||Dinner|
|Saturday Half / Sunday Full Day Off|
Our Yoga Centre in Goa (India)
Yoga Nisarga is ideally located in the beautiful, uncrowded, un-commercialized beach town of Ashvem beach, North Goa, India. Picture lush jungle, palm trees, beautiful beach coves, traditional colorful wooden fishing boats lined up on shore, rock and cliff formations at either end of the coves, a selection of local and international restaurants serving great food at affordable prices, friendly, welcoming people - that’s North Goa. Peaceful, gentle, laid-back, a place to chill and to learn. That’s the environment you’ll be in for an unforgettable month. Some of our students don’t want to leave!
At our center in Goa, we offer complete accommodation with every basic perk. During this Yoga TTC course, you will be provided with the necessary facilities like single occupancy rooms, free Wi-Fi connection, garden, etc. Throughout the yoga training course, the students are provided with the study material along with a meditative environment to make them nurture a life-changing experience. Our rated yoga teacher training courses are designed to direct you to become a complete yoga instructor who becomes able to guide others to grow and learn all the aspects of the yoga lifestyle. After the training course, you will be able to attain a perfect balance in your life. The training program is meant to deliver you a combo of learning cum excursions. At the center, you are free to explore the surrounding area.
Accommodation Facilities and Food
Goa is a much greener state in India, and Yoga Nisarga is located in beautiful nature just 10 min walking distance from famous and beautiful Ashwem Beach, Goa. Our Yoga center is a two-story building surrounded by coconut trees and nature with a mountain, an ideal location for Yoga Teacher Training and Retreats. The rooms are clean and comfortable with helpful staff. The rooms equipped with a king-sized bed with a fan, mosquito net, attached bath, and hot water. If you plan to arrive a few days before or wish to stay a few days more after the course ends, let us know so we can reserve the room for you, depending upon availability. You are responsible for the extra nights’ accommodation fees.
You will enjoy Yoga and Meditation practice on the rooftop specious Yoga Hall with a beautiful mountain view. On the ground floor, we have a Vegetarian and Vegan cafe for our students to enjoy healthy meals.
We provide delicious vegetarian meals prepared with love and care. We offer a sattvic (balanced) and healthy cuisine using mainly local and organic ingredients. Meals include fruit juice, brown rice, dal, green vegetables, chapati, curry, soups, salads and occasionally healthy sweets.